Dinner and a movie, anyone?
- Rosemary Fried Chicken from The Help
Cr: The Help // Martha Stewart via Delish
Don’t lie, every time Minnie made this in the movie, you were drooling.
- District 11 Bread from The Hunger Games
Cr: Hunger Games // fictionalfood
This ridiculously well researched recipe replicates the bread Katniss receives as a gift from the impoverished citizens of District 11. Well damn.
- Wedding Cake from Like Water for Chocolate
Cr: Like Water for Chocolate // Con Poulos
Tita makes a wedding cake and lets her tears fall into the batter, causing everyone who eats it to feel the pain of lost love. Intenseee.
- Cacio e Pepe Pasta Sauce from Eat Pray Love
Cr: Eat Pray Love // Penny de los Santos
As Eat Pray Love author Elizabeth Gilbert says, “Italians take every ingredient they know and make a feast of it.”
- Broiled Shrimp Tacos from Forrest Gump
Cr: Forrest Gump via Giphy // Martha Stewart
This is obviously just one of the ENDLESS shrimp ideas featured in the movie…
- Ratatouille from Ratatouille
Cr: Pixar // onesweetappetite
Remy would approve of this. (After tasting it very cutely)
- Potato Gratin with Gruyere from Julie and Julia
Cr: Julie and Julia // James Baigrie
Tbh, all recipes in that movie are amazing.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Chef
Cr: Chef // deliciousmagazine
One of my all time favourite movies and all time favourite sandwiches.
- Beignets from Disney’s The Princess and the Frog
Cr: Disney // sugarandcharm
Just as delicious as in the animation.
- Mojo Pork Cubanos from Chef
Cr: Chef // foodgawker
All the scenes where they made this were absolute food porn.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs, Lady and the Tramp
Cr: Disney // via Martha Stewart
Grab your lover and reenact the famous spaghetti scene.
- Chocolate Cake from Matilda
Cr: Matilda // deliciousmagazine
Eat it like the big boy at Matilda’s school.
- Almond Croissants from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Cr: Breakfast at Tiffanys // jessicagavin
Grab a few and head on over to the store.
- Potato Leek Soup, Bridget Jones Diary
Cr: Bridget Jones // via Martha Stewart
Bridget cooks this soup for her guests at her birthday party.
- Blue Bantha Milk from Star Wars
Cr: Star Wars // castlesandcooks
So that the force is with you every morning.
- Butter Beer from Harry Potter
Cr: Warner Brothers // Getty
The closest we’ll ever get to Hogsmeade.
- The Mint Sorbet from The Princess Diaries
Cr: The Princess Diaries // milliemirepoix
Something to nibble on while we wait for our grandmother/Julie Andrews to tell us we’re princess of a small European nation.
- Mushu’s Breakfast from Mulan
Cr: Shanshan Mel via SpoonUniversity
If you never wanted to eat this you are lying.
Now, cook yourself some food and put those movies on.
Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments!
BONUS: Check out Andrew Rea’s “Binging with Babish” Youtube channel for more movie-inspired dishes!