Take Me There: 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 10/10
Almost any visitor to Thailand has to visit one of the many floating markets the country has to offer. Rise with the sun and get on a longtail boat, and find yourself floating by sweet-smelling flowers, fresh fruit (holla durain), local handicrafts, and some seriously mouthwatering lunch options.
Found most commonly in Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam, floating markets use the widespread waterways as not only a means of transportation but also for economic activity (and a very cool shopping experience). Pronounced ‘talātnām’ in Thai, float along these beautiful images from some of Thailand’s most famous moving riverside shops, and never look at your local Tesco the same way ever again.
- Good morning, welcome to one of Bangkok’s beautiful floating markets
2. There may be a little traffic, but there’s lot’s to see while you wait
Cr: Dennis Jarvis
3. You know what’s better than Thai fried noodles? Thai fried noodles on a boat.
4. There’s motor boats and paddle boats here
Cr: Guillermo Fdez
5. This woman has chosen the paddling option, and is very determined
6. The unofficial uniform consists of those bamboo hats. Best pick up one or twenty.
Cr: Dennis Jarvis
7. No idea what this lady is selling but don’t mind taking the lot
8. The freshest bananas you ever did see
9. Sipping coconut water out of a fresh Thai coconut with a straw whilst sitting in a Thai boat = goals
10. Look at that beautiful produce. (and shoutout to the hats)
11. No really, these bananas are ridiculously fresh.
12. Look how perfectly everything fits here
13. Good morning Thai ladies! What lovely snacks have we here?
14. Sun’s out, parasols out. #AsianThings
15. Seriously, there’s a lot of bananas and mangoes in this post.
16. Look how happy this woman is about fruit (me too)
Cr: Tom Hanslien
17. Woah woah woah colours
18. ‘You give me the lemons and I give you some chicken rice’
19. Hey ho rambutan
20. Four for 100 Baht? Deal.
21. The crucial moment when the goods are above the water
22. Floating home
Cr: Julie Waller
23. Good night floating market.