#LifeHack: ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ 10/10
This piece was originally posted on 16th October 2017.
If you’re headed back to Uni, or going there for the first time, you’ll know that getting the most bang for your buck becomes an integral part of student life – whether it’s getting the most out of your grocery shop or the best out of your travel card.
To help all newcomers and avid DIY-ers, we gathered a list of super handy money-saving university dorm DIY craft ideas to help you as you settle into your new abode. From sprucing up the room with some easy decor, or making useful stationery items, take a scroll through these university dorm DIY ideas, and get creative.
After all, the more cash you save, the more you can spend on important things. Like pizza. <3
(PS. These totally work even when if you’re not a student too!)
1. Write a word you like on some cardboard (or trace a cool font from the web!) and wrap in yarn to create some cool wall art
2. Washi tape is your best friend. Decorate plain and not so pretty tables with rows of tape or cover chair legs for a dash of colour
3. Get your hands on some rope or yarn, and wrap around old cans or jars to create a sophisticated pen holder, toothbrush holder, or minimalist decor
4. Declutter your sea of cables by using paper binders as cords at the side of your desk
5. Make a simple desk tray to keep all your papers organised
6. Add homemade pom poms to regular blankets or towels for a fun vibe
Cr: David A. Land
7. Turn simply bookends into mysteriously floating shelves, and make use of wall space
Cr: via Pinterest
8. Make a dreamy canopy for your bed so you always drift off into the sweetest dreams (also, this looks very swanky)
9. Buy some basic boxes and label them with artsy labels to keep your books (or other things!) neatly organised
10. DIY some pretty fairy lights using paper cups
11. Add some calming scents to your room or closet with these easy DIY lavender pillows
Cr: via Martha Stewart
12. Make your own flip calendar using a few gift tags and some paint/felt pens – it’ll be extra fun to turn over every day
13. Go for a classy decorative touch with these hexagon room decorators
14. Create some floral wall art and a light beautiful bed head board alternative using fake flowers
15. Use clipboards as a way of rotating some sweet free art you may print out at the uni library
Cr: Matt’s Macintosh
16. Add a pop of colour to a simple desk chair to spice up your study area
Cr: via HGTV
17. And if you can get your hands on an old ladder, use it as one super stylish bathroom or bedroom storage stand.